FUNCTION: Prepares and serves attractive, nutritious meals in accordance with state regulation and Five Star policies and procedures to ensure that quality food service is provided at all times.
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Freedom from illegal use of drugs.
- Freedom from use and effects of use of drugs and alcohol in the workplace.
- Persons who have been convicted by a court of law or regulatory body of abusing, neglecting or mistreating individuals in a health care related setting are ineligible for employment in this position.
- Must pass state and company criminal background check.
- Demonstrates effective time management skills.
Education and/or Experience:
- Experience and/or knowledge of special diets, meal preparation for large groups and safe food handling techniques are required. Ability to read and understand recipes, work in a team environment, work flexible shifts, handle multiple tasks at one time and communicate effectively verbally and/or in writing.
- Ability to perform detail work involving math calculations, problem solve, handle emergency situations, read and understand menus.
- Must enjoy working with the elderly and able to accept constructive criticism. Ability to interact with residents who are highly susceptible to common illness without posing additional health risks. Must maintain good personal hygiene, wear a uniform and comply with safety standards.
Temperament / Aptitude:
- Team oriented
- Quality & quantity cooking experience required
- Culinary school preferred or restaurant food service experience minimum 1 to 2 years.
- Plan, prepare, cook &serve meals &snacks
- Understand and comply to special diets
- Order food and supplies, inventory
- Comply with state regulations re food handling
- Assure cleanliness
- Supervise other kitchen employees
- Provide in-service training to employees
Chain of Command: Reports to Designated Supervisor as determined by Executive Director
We are looking for a full-time Dietary Aide to join our team!
We offer an outstanding work environment, and we love to pride ourselves on our wonderful staff.
- Help plan and implement meals and menus to ensure maximum nutrition for seniors.
- Must show nutritional knowledge and experience creating and delivering nutritional meal plans, preparing meals and cleaning kitchens.
Come work with a fun collaborative team that focuses on making seniors’ lives better!