CNA (Certified Nurse Assistant)
We are looking for a full-time Certified Nurse Assistant for ALL shifts. If interested please apply today!
Duties will include:
- Assisting residents with daily needs such as dressing, bathing, toileting, transferring and other various requests for assistance.
- Medication pass
- Getting residents ready for appointments or outings
- Being social and friendly with all residents
Must attend required in-services and work independently.
We are looking for full-time Resident Assistants for ALL shifts. If interested please apply today!
Temperament / Aptitude:
- Follow instructions
- Trained in required topics as previously listed
- Physical strength and dexterity
- C.N.A. preferred but not mandatory
- Promote the well-being and functional independence of each client by participating with assigned clients in core programming and assisting with activities of daily living, including meal service.
- Assist clients in maintaining a clean and tidy living environment
- Assist the client by observing and reporting any change in behavior and/or physical function to nursing.
- May provide medication reminders to clients or hand-over-hand assistance with medications and minor personal care needs. Assisting with bathing and grooming of the client.
- Practice safety by adhering to all procedures, including infection control.
Chain of Command: Reports to Director of Health and Wellness.
Transport residents to and from scheduled appointments and activity functions. Emergency transports.
- Must adhere to the Company’s Code of Conduct and Business Ethics policy, HIPAA, including documentation and reporting responsibilities.
- Attend and participate in educational activities, in-service training, and staff meetings.
- Assist in orientation and training other staff.
- Participate in quality improvement activities as assigned.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE/EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Related experience at a level necessary to accomplish the job.
- Must have the ability to read, write and follow oral and written directions at a level necessary to accomplish the job.
- Must be able to relate positively and favorably to residents and families and to work cooperatively with other employees.
- Must maintain regular attendance.
- Must meet all local health regulations, and pass post- employment physical exams if required. This requirement also includes drug screening, criminal background investigation and reference inquiry.
- Must be capable of performing the essential job functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Valid driver license in good standings as determined by the company.
Reports to: Transportation Supervisor or Administrator
FUNCTION: Prepares and serves attractive, nutritious meals in accordance with state regulation and Five Star policies and procedures to ensure that quality food service is provided at all times.
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Freedom from illegal use of drugs.
- Freedom from use and effects of use of drugs and alcohol in the workplace.
- Persons who have been convicted by a court of law or regulatory body of abusing, neglecting or mistreating individuals in a health care related setting are ineligible for employment in this position.
- Must pass state and company criminal background check.
- Demonstrates effective time management skills.
Education and/or Experience:
- Experience and/or knowledge of special diets, meal preparation for large groups and safe food handling techniques are required. Ability to read and understand recipes, work in a team environment, work flexible shifts, handle multiple tasks at one time and communicate effectively verbally and/or in writing.
- Ability to perform detail work involving math calculations, problem solve, handle emergency situations, read and understand menus.
- Must enjoy working with the elderly and able to accept constructive criticism. Ability to interact with residents who are highly susceptible to common illness without posing additional health risks. Must maintain good personal hygiene, wear a uniform and comply with safety standards.
Temperament / Aptitude:
- Team oriented
- Quality & quantity cooking experience required
- Culinary school preferred or restaurant food service experience minimum 1 to 2 years.
- Plan, prepare, cook &serve meals &snacks
- Understand and comply to special diets
- Order food and supplies, inventory
- Comply with state regulations re food handling
- Assure cleanliness
- Supervise other kitchen employees
- Provide in-service training to employees
Chain of Command: Reports to Designated Supervisor as determined by Executive Director
We are looking for a full-time Dietary Aide to join our team!
We offer an outstanding work environment, and we love to pride ourselves on our wonderful staff.
- Help plan and implement meals and menus to ensure maximum nutrition for seniors.
- Must show nutritional knowledge and experience creating and delivering nutritional meal plans, preparing meals and cleaning kitchens.
Come work with a fun collaborative team that focuses on making seniors’ lives better!